The Charlotte Jane
James Temple Fisher (1828-1905) migrated to Canterbury when he was 26 with his wife, Harriet* (23), and brother, Stephen Fisher (1818-1897).
James, who was a midshipman for the Royal Navy, first settled with his wife on a property next to his brother’s (RS49) in the Beckenham area.
James Temple was an active member of local bodies, of the Canterbury Provincial Council (1870-1876, Heathcote) and of Parliament.
In 1900, James Temple and his wife were living in Colombo Street.