This is Mary Williams (4). John and Isabella Williams came from Scotland. He was a baker. He died of a stroke on the Port Hills two days after arriving in Lyttelton, leaving Isabella and eight children. Isabella opened a shop selling haberdashery and dress materials on the corner of Armagh and Colombo streets called Little Glasgow, on the site of what later became Armstrongs (now Thomas Cook).Mary Williams (1846-1906) married John W. Frankish (1843-1913).
They lived in Colombo Street and had eight children. He was born in Yorkshire and trained as a doctor at Guy’s Hospital. He came out as a ship’s surgeon on the Zealandia in 1863. They married on March 25, 1869.